Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: McCants going to announce going pro today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    McCants going to announce going pro today

    CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina has called a news conference for Wednesday afternoon to announce the plans of junior Rashad McCants. He's expected to enter the NBA draft after helping the Tar Heels win their fourth national championship last week.

    "I think Rashad told people [the night Carolina won the title] he was going to go; we had that discussion as early as first of the semester, as early as January, knowing at that time it was probably going to happen," North Carolina coach Roy Williams said at a news conference in St. Louis, where he accepted the national championship trophy last week.

    Three other Tar Heels were mum when asked whether they will return to Chapel Hill. Raymond Felton said he had made a decision but wasn't ready to announce it. Sean May wouldn't commit to returning after previously saying he planned to be back for his senior season. And freshman Marvin Williams said he would spend the next week to ten days gathering information on the his draft prospects.


    North Carolina is definitely losing seniors Jawad Williams, Jackie Manuel and Melvin Scott.


  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCants going to announce going pro today

    This is no surprise. Im expecting Felton, May, and M. Williams to announce later this week or next. Looks like it could be another rebuilding year for the Heels.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCants going to announce going pro today

    and a collective tear drops from everyone in the ACC [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCants going to announce going pro today

    We'll still be atop of the ACC next year.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCants going to announce going pro today

    McCants Makes It Official
    By Andy Britt - Inside Carolina
    Date: Apr 13, 2005

    CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - There was no surprise. North Carolina junior swingman Rashad McCants confirmed what was already widely expected; he will forego his senior season and make himself available for the NBA Draft in June. Joined by UNC coach Roy Williams, McCants held a press conference at the Smith Center on Wednesday.

    "I just wanted to start out by saying I'm going to give up my college eligibility," McCants said to begin the press conference. "I just want to thank Carolina for giving me this opportunity."

    McCants averaged 16.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.7 assists this past season, while converting three-pointers at a 42.3 percent clip.

    "I think he'll remembered not as people perceived him, but as a person who helped us win a national championship," Roy Williams said. "I'll remember him as a basketball player and a nice young man."

    ESPN Insider currently projects McCants as a late first-round selection and ranks him the seventh best shooting guard in the draft.

    "I just want to congratulate Coach Williams for winning a national championship and I hope he gets the opportunity to win another one," Rashad's father, James McCants, said. "I hated that Rashad is not going to be around for another year, but he's reached a plateau so to speak. I hope he goes on to have a great career."



    214096

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: McCants going to announce going pro today

    IMO Rashad is Dwayne Wade with a jumpshot. Not saying he'll be as good as Wade in the NBA though.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCants going to announce going pro today

    I knew he was going to go , I guess I was just hoping for the best and wanted to see all the guys come back next year and repeat.
    "Why so serious?"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCants going to announce going pro today

    me too man, in all honesty I expect to see them all go in the next week or so. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: McCants going to announce going pro today

    I believe May will be back. I mean it's not like he needs the money [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: McCants going to announce going pro today

    His attitude and ego will hold him back. He'll fit right in at Portland! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •